The following escalator policy is in place to conserve energy and minimize equipment wear:
Normal weekday operational hours when classes are in session (Fall/Spring/Summer):
- Escalators are to be turned on at 7/7:15 am.
- Escalators are to be turned off at 8:30 pm.
Fridays and when classes are not held:
- On normal Fridays or when the College is open, but no classes are held, only the sub-levels and 1st to 2nd floors will operate. Floors 3 to 5 are turned off.
- On compressed summer Fridays all escalators are turned off.
- On Saturdays, the sub-level escalators are to be turned on at 8 am and off at 8 pm. All other escalators are turned off.
- All escalators are turned off on all Sundays.
- On compressed summer weekends, all escalators are turned off.
- Special requests for events to have the specific escalators turned on and/ or reverse directions on sublevels ( e.g., ARC basketball tournament on a Sunday; Parent Open House on a Saturday; Career Services Fair requiring reverse directions, etc.).
- If the ARC or BPAC elevators are not operational and activities are conducted in either of those spaces, then the lower levels shall be turned on for the event’s duration.
If a special escalator request is needed for an event, please submit requests by email at least five days in advance to Lawrence.firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Frank.email@example.com. Enter “Escalator Request – Time Sensitive” in the subject title.
Include all of the following information in your email request:
- Description of the event
- Where will the event take place
- The date(s) of the event
- The start and end time of the event
- The expected headcount of the event
- Which escalators are being requested (i.e. sublevels; 1st to 2nd floor; 3rd to 5th floors)
- On the sublevels: specify if the escalator needs to reverse direction (from up to down or down to up) and at what times they should be reversed.